On Saturday 10/31, CRLS Novice Crew travels to Milton, MA for the South Shore Invitational Novice Challenge Regatta. We’ve entered FOUR boats in this regatta hosted on the Neponset River!
– All competing athletes (including designated spares) will arrive at CBC for check-in at 11:15am
– All competing athletes should wear the required racing unisuit or team tank top
– Bus will depart from CBC at 11:30am
– There are a very limited number of seats available on the bus for non-competing athletes (first come, first served)
– After the regatta, we should return to CBC and dismiss athletes by approximately 6:00pm
2:00 PM Event 1: Boys 4+
2:30 PM Event 2: Girls 4+
3:00 PM Event 3: Boys 8+
3:30 PM Event 4: Girls 8+
Spectator Parking at the wharf area and along Adams Street in Milton will be very limited. We have arranged for automobile parking at the Extra Space Storage parking lot at 2 Adams Street, Milton (on the right after you pass by Wharf Street). We will have attendants to direct you to a spot. There is no required fee for parking.
Spectator viewing is best from either Pope John Paul II Park, which may be reached by the Neponset Trail (walking/biking) that starts near the MBTA trolley station (about 1.5 miles) or at the Neponset Park Finish Line (about half way along the same trail).
Transportation: If you are unable to travel with the team on the bus to and from the regatta, you must complete and submit a signed Transportation Waiver to the Athletics Department no later than 48 hours before the event. Not all requests will be granted.