All interested participants must complete and/or comply with the following items BEFORE the season begins. If ANY of these are not completed, the athlete will be sent home immediately and not allowed to return until everything is in order.
1) Maintain excellent Academic Standing
- Take a full course load of four classes
- Pass at least three of four 10-credit letter graded courses and earned a GPA of 70 or higher on the most recent report card
- You must receive passing grades in English, Physical Education, or Dance, if enrolled
2) Parent/Guardian registers you with CPSD Athletics
- Select either “Crew (Girls)” or “Crew (Boys)” regardless of Varsity or Novice
- Parental permission, agreement to participate, agreement to the handbook
- Understanding of the Hazing, Bullying, and Chemical Health rules
3) Submit the following documentation to the Athletics Office via email addressed to email@example.com.
- Proof of Sports Physical Exam (good for 13 months)
- Proof of Covid vaccination
- Concussion Course certificates from the athlete AND a parent/guardian (good for 1 academic year)
- Implicit Bias Course certificate from the athlete (good for 1 academic year)
4) Sign an online US Rowing Liability Waiver (must be in Athlete’s name, good for 1 calendar year)
- Under Individuals click “Join” or “Members”
- Create or log in to your account
- Search for Cambridge Rindge and Latin and Enter “BSK4V” for the Club Access Code
5) Pass a Swim Test (good for 4 years)
- Administered by the team at the start of every season
- Swim 100 yards in a competent manner and remain afloat for 15 minutes unassisted
6) Take the ImPACT Test (good for 2 years)
- Computerized baseline concussion test given to athletes at the beginning of the season; details provided each season for anyone needing it.