In October 2013, USRowing adopted new internal policies surrounding SafeSport and joined the United States Olympic Committee in its SafeSport campaign aimed at raising awareness, stopping child abuse in sport and creating a safe culture in sports programs across the country. As an organizational member of USRowing, CRLS Crew is proud to be a part of USRowing and their SafeSport campaign due to our own systems already in place.
– All coaches and student-athletes must agree to and submit registration via FamilyID which includes items that detail:
- Student Eligibility: time allowed for participation after first entering grade nine
- MIAA Bona Fide Team Member Waiver Guidelines
- MIAA Rule 62 Student Eligibility: Chemical Health/Alcohol/Drugs/Tobacco
- Student-Athlete Code of Conduct
- Media Release
- Consent for Medical Treatment
- State Law regarding Sports Related Head Injury & Concussions
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts General Laws 269:17, 18, 19 Hazing; Organizing or Participating; Hazing Defined
- Informed Consent and Release for Participant Agreement
– All coaches and coaching staff must pass a Massachusetts Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) background check.
– All coaches and student-athletes must agree to all items described and set forth in the CRLS Athletic Department Handbook.