We use FirstGiving to organize our FOCA fundraising, allowing contributors the ease of making donations to the team using a credit card securely over the internet. For best results, athletes should create their own personal FirstGiving page (see below for instructions), so that friends and family get a clear sense of how their donation will positively impact your life.
If you are unable to create your own personal fundraising page, please direct people to make donations to our general team page…
How to set up a FirstGiving page
- Go to the CRLS Crew FirstGiving Website and click on the green button at the top that says “Start Fundraising”.
- You may choose a particular event to fundraise for by selecting that event from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the green button that says “Fundraise”.
- Create your profile as prompted. In the blank box under “Reserve your profile URL” you can enter your name. Click “Create Your Page”.
- You are now ready to edit your page by uploading a photo and a brief description explaining why you need to raise funds. NOTE: You can pick a target goal for yourself too! Make it fun.
- Once you have edited and made your page, click “Save & Continue”.
- On the “Send an Email” page, be sure to check “Ask Friends & Family to Donate”. You can enter the addresses of your friends/family, a brief message, and then watch your donations come rolling in.